Laugarvatn Fontana Vs Blue Lagoon: A Good Alternative?

Laugarvatn Fontana Vs Blue Lagoon: A Good
Alternative?
laugarvatn fontana

I almost didn't bother going to the Blue Lagoon as I was worried it would be overrated and full of tourists. I wondered if Laugarvatn Fontana Geothermal Baths - an apparent hidden gem on the Golden Circle Route - would be a good alternative.


alternatives to blue lagoon iceland

But having enjoyed many supposedly touristy sights in the past, I decided that I couldn't dismiss the Blue Lagoon as overrated without actually trying it, so I booked us (my sister Em and my ex Tan) in at both the Blue Lagoon and Laugarvatn Fontana. (Yes I spent most of my time in Iceland in spas lol.) 

laugarvatn fontana

I enjoyed Laugarvatn Fontana Geothermals Baths and the Blue Lagoon for completely different reasons. Other than them both being spas in Iceland, they are very different places. I think that one will appeal to you more than the other, thus I have written this Laugarvatn Fontana vs Blue Lagoon blog post to give you an idea of which one is best for you. I hope it helps :) 

I'm going to review the Blue Lagoon first, so if you only clicked for Laugarvatn just scroll on down :) 

1. The Blue Lagoon Iceland Review
laugarvatn fontana


Having read many other Blue Lagoon Iceland reviews before I went, I was expecting it to be bad for my hair (most complained about the waters drying out or even damaging their hair), full of tourists, and totally undeserving of being one of the most iconic sights in Iceland. This last part interested me the most: the site isn't even naturally Icelandic, but rather an accidental by-product of a factory which tourists started bathing in, so the factory went full-out capitalist and decided to start charging for that privilege. So why is it so popular? This was my personal experience:


* This article was originally published here

Comments

Popular Posts