Holiday Inn Express in Savannah – A True Surprise for Everyone

I’ll be honest, the only thing I knew about Savannah was that Clint Eastwood made a movie about one of those twisted, true story murders amongst the Southern elite. And, that it is a quaint little town where Southern Belles and Southern hospitality still trump everything else. That’s why I decided to visit it and stay at Holiday Inn Express Savannah, here’s my full experience and review.

In other words, I didn’t know much at all about this city. Which in most cases was great because it can surprise me completely.

However, I definitely didn’t think it was going to surprise me this MUCH.

With my lack of knowledge or ignorance – for a better term, I didn’t really know where to even start looking for hotels. From most of my research, I read that it was a city with some of the most historical events and that the original 22 squares/parks still remained.

Belonging to many travel groups on Facebook allowed me to get good recommendations. So when I was recommended over and over again to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Savannah on Bay Street, I figured I couldn’t go wrong with that recommendation.

holiday inn express savannah ga entrance

Why Holiday Inn in Savannah GA Totally Surprised Me

My husband and I rarely get a chance to get away.  My kids don’t like staying with just anyone, so we mainly take advantage of staying with my parents and leaving them with them to enjoy romantic getaways.  So I was really looking forward to our time in Georgia, especially in Savannah.

The last time I stayed in a Holiday Inn was over a decade ago. And all I really remembered about this hotel chain was that they were clean, usually had good locations, and were adequate.

Well, they must have done some serious rebranding because OMG!

  • First of all, the hotel was located in one of the best spots. Literally across the street from the River Walk. This was how little I knew about Savannah, I didn’t know they had one of the best river walks in the country.
  • Secondly, it was within walking distance of all the squares and parks, and other main attractions.
  • Thirdly, it was a luxurious hotel now. Maybe not the five stars, Ritz-Carlton-luxury, but fantastic.room at holiday inn express savannah ga
  • Book your Room at Holiday Inn Express Savannah
  • Fourthly, we stayed on the top floor and had an incredible view of the Riverfront. (This was also our view from our room.)
  • view from holiday inns in savannah ga
  • Fifthly, the upstairs rooftop lounge was so great. They had a pool, lounge area, and gym. But the view was really all you needed.rooftop of the holiday inn express savannah
  • Sixthly, the service was fantastic. True, genuine, southern hospitality at its best.
  • Seventhly, the breakfast was delicious and included in the price. Even though they say it was a small breakfast buffet, I honestly don’t know what more they can have to make it large.
  • Eighthly, I would recommend this hotel to everyone. And am now planning on staying in Holiday Inn as much as I can.savannah georgia holiday inn express
  • Ninthly, stay tuned to why Savannah surprised us so much.

Video Fun

Information for Staying at the Holiday Inn Express Savannah

Address: 199 East Bay Street   Savannah,  Georgia  31401

Phone: 1 800 83 54 654

Check In: 4:00 PM Check Out: 11:00 AM

Price: $105 – $160

The post Holiday Inn Express in Savannah – A True Surprise for Everyone appeared first on Travel Experta - Travel, Lifestyle, Freedom.



* This article was originally published here

Comments

Popular Posts